Ocala, FL attorneys
Contact Us Now

Ocala, FL Medical Impairment Benefits

Medical Impairment Benefits in Florida

Medical Impairment Benefits are how Florida employers compensate employees after injury or death occurring on the job. Oftentimes, employers deny claims for disability or injury for employees, which is precisely when you need to have an aggressive work injury lawyer on your side.

Dealing with the pain and discomfort of an injury sustained at work is difficult enough without the stresses of rent, groceries, utility bills or other debts. The Florida legislature has enacted statutes requiring employers to maintain coverage for work injuries to avoid such stresses, but employers and insurers will still attempt to deny valid claims to avoid making payments.

What To Do When You Are Hurt On the Job

If you have experienced a work-related injury, do not try to navigate the system yourself. A workman comp lawyer can help to ensure that you receive all benefits to which you are entitled under Florida law. You may be entitled to compensation for medical treatment and/or lost wages. You are entitled to receive these benefits until determined by your doctor that you have reached MMI or Maximum Medical Improvement. This is the point at which your physician has determined that you have reached the highest level of medical improvement possible. You should also know that your entitlement to benefits does not end here. Hire a workers’ compensation lawyer Ocala, FL, to guide you through the workers’ compensation process, which is often made difficult by employers and insurance companies.

When You’ve Been Injured at Work, Call Our Workers’ Comp Law Firm

Every Florida employee is covered by this statute, so if you have been injured at work, you should contact your local workers’ compensation lawyer, Ocala, FL. It’s important to note the injury must happen during the scope and course of your employment. Which is why it’s critical you have experienced work injury lawyers like ours fighting for you to get your benefits.

If you experience an injury on the job, it is important to report the injury to your employer right away. Your employer then has the responsibility to relay the reported injury to their insurer within a statutory period. You can receive benefits as quickly as 21 days after your injury or accident. Should your employer fail to report to their insurer or the claim is denied, you can file a Petition for Benefits. Hiring a work compensation lawyer is not necessary, but can ensure you have the skill and expertise of an attorney helping you to fight for your benefits.

Receiving Medical Benefits in Florida

  • Monetary benefits are limited to 66.67 percent of your weekly income and can include concurrent income.
  • Temporary total or partial disability benefits can be paid up to a maximum of 104 weeks, and once your claim is settled you are responsible for any future medical expenses relating to the injury.

With all of the variables at play and the cost of what is at stake you should contact our offices to schedule a consultation after your injury.

You should receive your first payment within 14 calendar days after notifying your employer of an injury or disability that is immediate and continues for eight calendar days. If you have been injured by long-term exposure or have an occupational disease resulting from your employment, you must prove this with clear and convincing medical evidence within two years of the date you knew or should have known the injury was caused by workplace exposure. If your injury is long-term or not immediately discoverable, it’s important to know filing a Petition for Benefits will not stop the statute of limitations unless the Petition includes specific language. Schatt, McGraw, Rauba & Mutarelli, PA offers a workmans’ comp lawyers free consultation to help you determine what steps to take next.

Also important to note is that if you have been injured on the job, your employer is not required to keep your position open for you, but they also can’t terminate you for filing or attempting to file a workers' compensation claim for benefits. If your injury is permanent, you may be eligible for reemployment services, so to know if you qualify for these services, contact a workman comp lawyer.

(352) 789-6520